|SideM Character Data|
Kirio Nekoyanagi (Japanese: 猫柳キリオ Nekoyanagi Kirio) is one of the available idols in the mobile game THE iDOLM@STER SideM. He is voiced by Daiki Yamashita (山下大輝 Yamashita Daiki).
-The freewheeling Rakugo master who aims to become the idol world's main headliner!-
"KA-SHWI~NG! I've got it, meow!"
SideM Idol File
Reasons for Becoming an Idol: I'm gathering material for a nyew "idol-themed" purr-oject I plan to do, meow♪
Personal Motto: Do as ny’all love as much as ny’all want!
Comments for the Future: When I dove into the world of idols to find ideas for my nyew purr-oject, I found myself surrounded by so many fascinating, heart-pumping things, left, right, and center, meow!
Comments about Unit Members: Madame Butterfly always sings all aflutter, just like a real butterfly, meow. As for Culo... Er, I mean, KURO-kun, he reminds me of a perfect white teacup, meow. No matter how you look at it, they’re both fun people, meow~
GROWING STARS Biography
-From rakugo storyteller to idol!-
"Nyaha, I'm gotta enjoy this, meow♪"
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
"Tentsukuten bunchaccha♪ My name is Kirio Nekoyanagi, also known as the Great Purr-former Nekoyanagi, meow!"
Friendly, enthusiastic, and carefree, Kirio is a former rakugoka and self-proclaimed cat alien from space. He loves cats and anything cat-related he can get his hands on; his dedication to cats extends to his speech, where he replaces desu with “denyansu.” He’s a notoriously big and messy eater (a trait that he’s often scolded for by both Kuro and Shoma), and he loves taking catnaps after a good meal. However, his leisurely outlook on life isn’t indicative of laziness; he’s extremely energetic, with stamina that can outpace even Shoma’s, and if inspiration hits him he can will himself back to work in an instant regardless of how tired he is. His seemingly boundless energy stems from his resolve to work as much and as hard as necessary to meet the high standards he sets for himself.
Contrary to his lack of common sense at times, Kirio is extremely intelligent and perceptive. He adopts the cat persona and acts silly intentionally because he loves making people laugh. As both a rakugoka and an idol, he treats his performances surprisingly scientifically; he surveys the audience before getting on stage so he can analyze their expressions and body language and revise his plan accordingly in order to maximize their enjoyment. He enjoys people-watching and can derive a large amount of information about a person without exchanging as much as a word by observing their mannerisms. Kirio finds the idol world fascinating and filled to the brim with inspiration.
Kirio, despite his happy-go-lucky and outgoing personality, is rather unfamiliar with the concept of friendship and admits that he has never had any friends before. When Shiro offers to be friends with him during their Original Pieces outing, he’s surprised that two people can simply be friends that easily, but he happily accepts. He also has problems with self-esteem and considers himself a burden on his unit, but he generally avoids expressing any of these sentiments, as he prefers to prioritize other people's feelings instead (even at his own expense). However, he seems to trust animals enough to express his emotions, and has admitted his insecurities to a group of stray cats that he made friends with. He enjoys getting a rise out of Kuro and Shoma, but his pranking is ultimately intended to make them happy and he treasures their companionship (although he will rarely admit to it in words). He considers Sai to be his first friends.
Kirio has dubbed himself “The Great Purr-former Nekoyanagi.” His idol work is intended as a means to an end for a new rakugo story he’s writing, as he suddenly had the idea to look to idols for inspiration while taking a nap. He went to a festival where HighxJoker and Beit were performing to look for material, but he realized there that he wished to go a step further and become an idol himself. He also met Shoma for the first time there and extended an invitation to him to form an idol group, but he was turned down. Undeterred, he went through with signing a contract with 315 anyways, where he coincidentally ended up in a unit with Shoma, who had also signed on after changing his mind.
THE iDOLM@STER SideM
THE iDOLM@STER SideM LIVE ON ST@GE!
Recorded Solo Songs
|Recorded Solo Songs|
|Dive Into New World!||Solo song||THE IDOLM@STER SideM ORIGIN@L PIECES 01|
|Sakurairo||Kirio Nekoyanagi Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER SideM 3rd ANNIVERSARY SOLO COLLECTION 03|
|POKER FAITH||Kirio Nekoyanagi Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER SideM WakeMini! SOLO COLLECTION 03 INTELLIGENCE Ver.|
|Shukusai!||Kirio Nekoyanagi Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER SideM 5th ANNIVERSARY SOLO COLLECTION 04|
|ANYWHERE||Kirio Nekoyanagi Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER SideM PASSION@TE FORMATION -INTELLIGENCE-|
|Itowokashi! ~Issai×Gassai~||Kirio Nekoyanagi Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER SideM GROWING SIGN@L SOLO COLLECTION 01|
Recorded Group Songs
Trivia and Fan Culture
- He refers to himself with “wagahai,” an archaic and somewhat pompous pronoun. This unusual choice may be a nod to the novel Wagahai wa Neko de Aru by Natsume Soseki, a satire narrated by a pretentious feline.
- He generally refers to his colleagues by their first names with the -kun honorific, although he has nicknames for a few of them. Curiously, Shoma is the only one he uses the -san honorific for.
- He thinks traveling is fun and would like to perform overseas one day. His voice actor did, in fact, go to the United States for the first time in 2018.
- His rakugo background has made him a very effective actor. He can convincingly pretend to eat all sorts of food using only his fan as a prop and he likes to do impressions of people and animals alike.
- He loves to read, particularly old books. He likes to shop at antique bookstores, which he considers a treasure trove of information.
- He has nerves of steel. He happily skipped through a haunted house, laughing the whole way through, while Kuro could barely make it through the same house without fainting. However, the one thing that does scare him is Shoma (especially when he lectures him about taking care of his health)
- He comes from a large family and is the youngest of four sons and three daughters. He has five nieces and nephews as well.
- His flashback card confirmed that his natural hair color is light brown.
- He shares the same birthday with Mika Jougasaki.
- It's a running joke that Kirio may actually be a cat alien from space.
- Due to his cat-like antics, he is paired with Miku Maekawa and/or Akane Nonohara in fanworks.
Kirio's profile in POPLINKS (State of Affairs of Opening Torrents).
Kirio's profile in POPLINKS (Celestella Unison).