|Million Live! Character Data|
Konomi Baba (Japanese: 馬場このみ Baba Konomi) is an idol available in THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days and originally debuted in the mobile game THE iDOLM@STER Million Live!. She is voiced by Minami Takahashi (Japanese: 髙橋ミナミ Takahashi Minami).
THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! biography
Did you call me a kid before? I'm a lady, a lady!
- Online Character Profile
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
"Ufufu, I'm Konomi Baba. I'll show off my sexy, yet cool and mature aura onto this project as well!"
The oldest and third shortest among the MILLION STARS, Konomi is an easygoing idol who always tries to prove to the Producer and her fans that she is a sexy adult. Because of her short height and youthful looks, most people never take her seriously which frustrates Konomi to no end. To make matters worse, most of the work the Producer finds for her is for kids. She mentions that children tend to call Fuka and Kaori "mama" while they treat Konomi as one of their own friends, which she notes is frustrating.
Aside from her looks and her habit of saying that she is a sexy lady, Konomi is a very reliable adult, often seen taking care of the younger idols (which is everyone), like in the “Idol Symphony” event where Konomi gives advice to Momoko who has been appointed leader of the percussion team to talk with her teammates about what they want to do. She is also very professional and is willing to do her work to the best of her abilities even when she doesn't like it, understanding that as the oldest in the theater, she has to work hard knowing others are relying on her. Konomi originally applied to become an office lady at 765; her application was misplaced and she ended up being offered a position as an idol in the 39Project by the Producer. As such, she is also good at office work and offers to lend a hand when the production needs it. She admits later that despite applying to be office staff, she secretly wanted to see if she had hidden potential in herself.
As she used to work in the office, Konomi is initially unsure of how to be an idol, since it is an entirely different world to what she is used to. On top of that, the pressure from always being relied on led her to believe that she had to perform better than anyone else, like when she was the leader of her unit with Yuriko and Momoko. Through the Producer, she learns that being an idol comes with having an unclear future and that it isn't all about working the hardest and being the most reliable; after this, Konomi is able to perform knowing that she has the courage to show and embrace her weakness.
THE iDOLM@STER Million Live!
THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days
Theater Days Events
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS
THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Anime
To be added...
"If looks could kill, you'd be dead on sight with Baba Konomi... no, no, that's wrong! Don't look at me like that, I'm sexy, sexy!"
"I... I only grew 1 cm..."
"Don't be fooled, this is all according to my calculations, ahaha."
"Where are you looking, exactly? I'm right in front of you, in front of you!"
"I'm still pretty mysterious now, aren't I~ I'm going to be that kind of adult idol."
"I can't be satisfied with just hand-me-downs, I'm going to go buy some things!"
"W-What is it? I'm not standing on my tiptoes!"
"Geez, don't treat me like a child, I'm an adult..."
Dear Degree MAX
"Once in a while I don't want to be cute, I want to be beautiful Producer. Even if I have to stretch to look at people, I'll keep their gaze! Hehe."
"Producer since we're both adults, I'll let my guard down a little even if that means we'll mess up along the way. I mean...as fellow adults let's hang in there together! Haha."
Trivia and Fan Culture
- While Baba is a genuine last name, it can also mean "old woman" in Japanese. Whether or not this was unintentional or a reference to her status as the oldest Million Live idol is unclear.
- Konomi is close to Rio Momose who calls her “Konomi-neesan”. Also, Makoto seems to respect her as a master of cuteness and calls her “Master Konomi” although Azusa seems to think that Konomi is younger than her.
- Konomi has a younger sister named Karin (Japanese: 馬場かりん) who is growing normally, unlike her.
- She is the shortest adult idol in the entire franchise.
- Konomi is adept at mahjong; she was able to become the top player within 765PRO, even besting the President. In her [Sexy Mahjong Master... What Hand Shall I Play?], she even managed to show the "Daisangen" which it was the winning hand in mahjong that is consisting of pungs or kongs of each of the three types of dragon tiles.
- All of her image songs were written by KOH.
- She shares the same birthday with Saori Okuyama.
- Konomi once received a fortune stating that she is possessed by a guardian spirit. This spirit was once a woman whose sheer sexiness brought ruin to her home nation, and when she noticed Konomi's own sexiness potential, she possessed her and halted her physical growth while she was in elementary school in order to prevent her from meeting the same fate.
- Konomi herself has some doubts as to whether this spirit truly exists, but when she is the first to break free of the mind control in the accursed dollhouse, she considers that this may have been due to the spirit's assistance.
- A joke in the Japanese fandom is that lines like "Kono mi hatetemo" (literally: even if this body ends) in FairyTale ja Irarenai and "Kono mi kuchiru saigo no toki made" (literally: Until the final moment when my body rots away) in Kuraki Hoshi, Tooi Tsuki are cruel to Konomi, because they could mean "even if Konomi ends" and "Until the final moment when Konomi rots away".
|LINE Animated Stickers|
Konomi in Theater Days.
Konomi's profile in POPLINKS (Elegant Fleur).
Konomi's profile in POPLINKS (Celestella Unison).
Konomi's profile in Million Live! anime adaptation.
Mirishita's 3rd anniversary countdown illustration.
Million Live! Cards
[A Rest in the Capital of Water]
Theater Days Cards
[Like a White Crane]
[Like a White Crane]+
- ↑ THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! - Caravan Story: Konomi Baba RIO: Unbelievable… Konomi-neesan is possessed by the spirit of a sexy woman! […]PRODUCER: (To sum up what the fortune teller said, once upon a time, there was a land where there lived a beautiful woman of unparalleled sexiness. However, she was just too sexy. Men fought over her until… the nation fell to ruin! That woman continued to lament her excessive sexiness until her death.)[…]FORTUNE TELLER: The reason she possessed you while you were young was because back then, you held the potential to become sexy[…]She was trying to save you. She caused your body to retain its childlike form so that you would not suffer as she did… In other words, your current height and appearance were caused by this sexy lady spirit.
- ↑ THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days - Cherry Colored Love Chapter 5 KONOMI: Some time ago, when I was vacationing in Okinawa, I went to get a reading from a famous fortune teller. According to them, there's a sexy woman possessing me as a guardian spirit![…]And, apparently, when this guardian spirit was still living, she was so sexy that she destroyed her own country…[…]The spirit was incredibly saddened that her own beauty destroyed her beloved homeland, and she halted my growth so I wouldn't have to go through the same thing.
- ↑ THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! - Akumu... Norwareta Dollhouse Story：Maybe it's because of the guardian spirit, but I snapped out of it first…