Welcome to the new home of the project-imas wiki!
|Million Live! Character Data|
Konomi Baba (Japanese: 馬場このみ Baba Konomi) is an idol available in THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days and originally debuted in the mobile game THE iDOLM@STER Million Live!. She is voiced by Minami Takahashi (Japanese: 髙橋ミナミ Takahashi Minami).
THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! biography
Did you call me a kid before? I'm a lady, a lady!
- Online Character Profile
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
"Ufufu, I'm Konomi Baba. I'll show off my sexy, yet cool and mature aura onto this project as well!"
The oldest and third shortest among the MILLION STARS, Konomi is an easygoing idol who always tries to prove to the Producer and her fans that she is a sexy adult. Because of her short height and youthful looks, most people never take her seriously which frustrates Konomi to no end. To make matters worse, most of the work the Producer finds for her is for kids. She mentions that children tend to call Fuka and Kaori "mama" while they treat Konomi as one of their own friends, which she notes is frustrating.
Aside from her looks and her habit of saying that she is a sexy lady, Konomi is a very reliable adult, often seen taking care of the younger idols (which is everyone), like in the “Idol Symphony” event where Konomi gives advice to Momoko who has been appointed leader of the percussion team to talk with her teammates about what they want to do. She is also very professional and is willing to do her work to the best of her abilities even when she doesn't like it, understanding that as the oldest in the theater, she has to work hard knowing others are relying on her. Konomi originally applied to become an office lady at 765; her application was misplaced and she ended up being offered a position as an idol in the 39Project by the Producer. As such, she is also good at office work and offers to lend a hand when the production needs it. She admits later that despite applying to be office staff, she secretly wanted to see if she had hidden potential in herself.
As she used to work in the office, Konomi is initially unsure of how to be an idol, since it is an entirely different world to what she is used to. On top of that, the pressure from always being relied on led her to believe that she had to perform better than anyone else, like when she was the leader of her unit with Yuriko and Momoko. Through the Producer, she learns that being an idol comes with having an unclear future and that it isn't all about working the hardest and being the most reliable; after this, Konomi is able to perform knowing that she has the courage to show and embrace her weakness.
"If looks could kill, you'd be dead on sight with Baba Konomi... no, no, that's wrong! Don't look at me like that, I'm sexy, sexy!"
"I... I only grew 1 cm..."
"Don't be fooled, this is all according to my calculations, ahaha."
"Where are you looking, exactly? I'm right in front of you, in front of you!"
"I'm still pretty mysterious now, aren't I~ I'm going to be that kind of adult idol."
"I can't be satisfied with just hand-me-downs, I'm going to go buy some things!"
"W-What is it? I'm not standing on my tiptoes!"
"Geez, don't treat me like a child, I'm an adult..."
Dear Degree MAX
"Once in a while I don't want to be cute, I want to be beautiful Producer. Even if I have to stretch to look at people, I'll keep their gaze! Hehe."
"Producer since we're both adults, I'll let my guard down a little even if that means we'll mess up along the way. I mean...as fellow adults let's hang in there together! Haha."
Trivia and Fan Culture
- While Baba is a genuine last name, it can also mean "old woman" in Japanese. Whether or not this was unintentional or a reference to her status as the oldest Million Live idol is unclear.
- Konomi is close to Rio Momose who calls her “Konomi-neesan”. Also, Makoto seems to respect her as a master of cuteness and calls her “Master Konomi” although Azusa seems to think that Konomi is younger than her.
- Konomi has a little sister who is growing normally, unlike her.
- She is the shortest adult idol in the entire franchise.
- Konomi is adept at mahjong; she was able to become the top player within 765PRO, even besting the President. In her [Sexy Mahjong Master... What Hand Shall I Play?], she even managed to show the "Daisangen" which it was the winning hand in mahjong that is consisting of pungs or kongs of each of the three types of dragon tiles.
- All of her image songs were written by KOH.
- A joke in the Japanese fandom is that lines like "Kono mi hatetemo" (literally: even if this body ends) in FairyTale ja Irarenai and "Kono mi kuchiru saigo no toki made" (literally: Until the final moment when my body rots away) in Kuraki Hoshi, Tooi Tsuki are cruel to Konomi, because they could mean "even if Konomi ends" and "Until the final moment when Konomi rots away".
|LINE Animated Stickers|
Konomi in Theater Days.
Mirishita's 3rd anniversary countdown illustration.
Konomi's profile in POPLINKS (Elegant Fleur).
Konomi's profile in POPLINKS (Celestella Unison).
Million Live! Cards
[A Rest in the Capital of Water]