Welcome to the new home of the project-imas wiki!
|Million Live! Character Data|
Kotoha Tanaka (Japanese: 田中琴葉 Tanaka Kotoha) is an idol available in THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days and originally debuted in the mobile game THE iDOLM@STER Million Live!. She is voiced by Risa Taneda (Japanese: 種田梨沙 Taneda Risa).
THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! biography
I wouldn't say I have no talent, but I surely can get even better!
- Online Character Profile
THE iDOLM@STER Starlit Season Profile
Kotoha is a very diligent girl with a passion for acting, though she often gets lost in it when doing so. If one had to describe what Kotoha is like in three words, it would be “an honors student”; she's diligent, takes everything seriously, does all work to her absolute best, and she just seems to be perfect at everything. Yet, she actually has low self-confidence. She often says that she has no any real talents (except maybe acting), and she has a somewhat fragile mentality. This makes Kotoha easily pressured by her work and she accumulates a lot of emotional stress from time to time, to the point that she occasionally breaks into tears. For example, in the event “Idol Symphony”, where Kotoha had been made the leader of the wind instrument group, the responsibility and lack of self-confidence lead her to break into tears in front of Megumi, as she felt that Megumi was more suited to be leader than she was. Fortunately, in those times, her two best friends, Megumi and Elena are often there to comfort her. Kotoha, Megumi, and Elena later form a unit named Tri Star Vision.
However, work is not the only thing that gives her stress-- her feelings for the Producer also cause her a lot of stress. Because of her lack of self-esteem, Kotoha is unable to confess her feelings, so she stresses herself out by trying to make herself look good in the Producer's eyes. This leads to many of her dialogues with the Producer sounding like she's going to break down in tears at any time. For example, in the Christmas event, when the Producer lent her his coat, she asked him whether he's only kind to her because she's an idol, and in the event “Idol Symphony” , when the Producer praised her and said that she's so good at her job that she’ll be fine even if he's not there, she became upset. She later confessed that she actually tried her best because she wanted the Producer to recognize and praise her, and he said that he needed Kotoha by his side. In conclusion, Kotoha is a diligent girl with confidence issues.
Million Live Lines
"Please tell me about today's schedule. Either for work or practice, I'll be prepared."
"You're praising me for that...? But isn't it obvious that you shouldn't be late for work?"
"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I bothering you studying here?"
"Producer, your glass is empty. Do you want me to pour some tea?"
"I still don't know about being an idol... Maybe I should research more."
"Ha... Oh, I'm sorry. I got a little tired... Please forget about that."
"The weather feels nice today. I'll try a bit harder this day."
"This book? I borrowed it from Kotori. Haha~ You can read it if you want, it's very interesting."
Dear Degree MAX
"I'm cute...t-th-thank you! But, everyone in the production is cute."
"Since you've taken me to this stage, I want to study and be as diligent as you. So, let's study together."
|Recorded Solo Songs|
|Asayake no Crescendo||Image Song||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 04|
|Hontou no Watashi||Image Song||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER HARMONY 06|
|Blue Symphony||Kotoha Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION Vol.03 Vocal Edition|
|Jireru Heart ni Hi o Tsukete||Kotoha Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION Vol.04 Starlight Theater|
|Silhouette||Image Song||THE IDOLM@STER MILLION LIVE! M@STER SPARKLE 08|
|Understand? Understand!||Kotoha Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION 06 Princess Stars|
|Last Actress||Kotoha Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION 07 Princess Stars|
|Episode. Tiara||Kotoha Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION 08 Princess Stars|
|Give Me Metaphor||Kotoha Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION 09 Princess Stars|
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Kotoha, along with Emily Stewart, Matsuri Tokugawa, and Fuka Toyokawa, made a cameo at the end of THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE Kagayaki no Mukougawa e!.
- Kotoha is the leader of the drama club at her school.
- Kotoha practiced fencing because she acted like a tomboy when she was younger. Surprisingly, she is using her fencing skills in her "Sharpened Charisma" card.
- Kotoha's favorite flavor of ice cream is strawberry.
- In September 2016, Kotoha's voice actress' agency announced that she would be taking a temporary leave from the industry due to an unspecified illness. As a result, for 18 months, Kotoha had missed significant progresses as stated below:
- Kotoha's role in THE IDOLM@STER THE@TER ACTIVITIES 03 was given to Kana (who was the runner-up in the in-game election for that part).
- Kotoha won't appear on the THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER FORWARD 03 Starlight Melody CD, though she is technically part of the in-game unit Scorpio alongside Arisa, Shiho, and Umi. Later on Theater Days' Platinum Star Theater Refrain Kiss event (June 2021), she would join the rest of Scorpio to sing Refrain Kiss. brave HARMONY also has a version that includes Kotoha, recorded for Platinum Star Theater brave HARMONY in Theater Days. (September 2018).
- Kotoha did not appear in THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days at first, but she was finally added to Theater Days as of February 8th, 2018.
- In her "Unbeatable Idol!" card, she cosplays as Honda Tadakatsu, one of Tokugawa Ieyasu's most reliable general.
- She, along with Miki and Chihaya, are the only idols whose got the exclusive SSR cards of Theater Days of its Taiwanese and Korean version.
- Kotoha's personality (namely her hidden lack of confidence and anxiety) has lead to her being popularly depicted as a yandere in fanworks from the Japanese fandom, despite no basis in canon.
|LINE Animated Stickers|
Kotoha in Theater Days.
Mirishita's 2nd anniversary countdown illustration.
Mirishita's White Day 2021 illustration.
Cover of 1st volume of THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days Lively Flowers.