|THE iDOLM@STER Second Vision Data|
Mai Hidaka (日高舞 Hidaka Mai) is the mother of Ai Hidaka, and initially appeared in THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars. She is voiced by Ryoka Yuzuki (柚木涼香 Yuzuki Ryoka) in the THE iDOLM@STER Splash Red Volume 3 Special Edition Bonus Drama CD insert of Splash Red volume 3.
Mai is a very self centered and confident person. Her power as an idol gave Ai Hidaka an inferiority complex that followed her through life. Mai also has the habit of comparing herself to Ai, making her daughter only feel worse.
Mai is the mother of Ai Hidaka. She is 29 years old, which means that she became a mother at the age of 16. She was once a legendary S Rank super idol who won the Ultimate Idol, though was only active for 3 years before retiring. One of her image songs, "ALIVE" was extremely popular, which she later allowed her daughter Ai to use when she became an idol. Later in Ai's story, she comes out of retirement with Manami Okamoto as her manager who she met by chance in a restaurant.
In 2010, when the arcade game was revealed to be taken offline, a promotional event started where she and several other characters were added to the game as rival NPC's. Because she had no character model, she was represented by a unit comprised of 765PRO idols.
Mai appears as a rival in the S1 Rank Up Festival, where she displays her skill, ちょくげき重戦車！(Heavy Tank Direct Hit!), which multiplies her appeal score by 10 during her rival burst. She appears in name only, as she does not have a character model, an image song, or an in-game voice. Mai's position as the arguably toughest character in-game refutes her position in Dearly Stars.
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Ai Hidaka's father is currently unknown. When asked in an interview, Toshihiko Kajioka stated that they didn't set any specific information about the father, while Fumihiro Tanaka joked that he was actually the father.
- Ai was traumatized as a child by Mai's legacy, and especially by her mother singing ALIVE as a lullaby. She would compare herself to her mother and feel terrible.
- Mai was the only rival in Dearly Stars that did not become playable in Cinderella Girls.
- Yukiho Hagiwara is often teased by fans because she lost to Mai Hidaka, a nearly 30-year-old housewife, during a past Ultimate Idol competition.
- Because she shares a first name with another idol in the series, many fans joke that Mai Fukuyama will grow into Mai Hidaka.
Weiβ Schwarz TCG Cards
- THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars Delicious Album