Welcome to the new home of the project-imas wiki!
To editors: Create an account, confirm your email, wait 10 minutes before making an edit, and welcome back!
If you previously had a user page or user talk page, you can find them at
Legacy User:Yournamehere and
Legacy User talk:Yournamehere.
|THE iDOLM@STER Second Vision Data|
Mami Futami (Japanese: 双海真美 Futami Mami) is one of the original idols from 765 Production who first took turns with her twin sister Ami Futami performing as one idol. She initially appeared in the arcade version of the game THE iDOLM@STER. Mami is available in all the 765PRO console games, and THE iDOLM@STER Million Live!: Theater Days. She is voiced by Asami Shimoda (Japanese: 下田麻美 Shimoda Asami).
THE iDOLM@STER 2 (Mami)
THE iDOLM@STER Character resumé
"We like to do fun things like sending text messages and play games, oh, and also imitate other people! If we become a super-cool-awesome idol, then everyday will be relaxing right? That's why we're going for top idol! If you choose us, we promise to be good. Right, Mami?"
THE iDOLM@STER 2 Mami's Game Manual Introduction
"Mami is all grown up now, so once Mami becomes a top idol, you'll see what the most excessively sought after girl in all of Japan looks like! M-hm-hmm! :) Mami's career is about to take off!!"
THE iDOLM@STER 2 Mami's Introduction
A young idol who claims to be in her growing years. Deep down, however, she remains a childish prankster. She has a twin sister who also works for 765 Production.
Ya-hoo! You're lookin' at the golden egg of the idol business! But for short, you can call me... Oh, wait. Was I not s'posed to give you the short version...? ...Meh. Call me Mami! My twin sister Ami and I started off working as idols here together, but this 'n' that happened and now I guess you could say we've found more freedom! Y'know they say a girl really starts to 'grow up' and stuff when she gets into middle school? You know it! I'm gettin' to be right around that age where I'm quite a a catch! Now that Ami's gone and become all popular, I wanna hurry up and grow into a sexy idol who can keep up with her. Lookin' forward 'n' all that!
THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA Mami's Idol Profile
Ultimate lovely queen (TBC)
"Mwahaha! Nii-chan's taking Mami to this tropical island... the day must finally come to enslave the world with Mami's amazing, lovely body! Don't miss the next thrilling episode!"
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
"M-hm-hmm, I'm Mami Futami~♪. Listen up, Nii-chan. Don't think anything bad when us idols are gathering here."
Mami Futami and her twin sister are an energetic and hyperactive pair of identical twins. Both of them love to imitate other people, as well as play silly pranks. They are very bratty-type characters and cause a lot of ruckus for the 765 Production staff, though they are very obedient when hushed or warned by the producer.
The twins are completely identical, except for one factor; Ami tying her hair to the right and Mami to the left. Mami is the older twin and is more mature and obedient than Ami. The Futami twins take turns going on stage or TV performances as idols. In fact, the truth about them being twins is supposed to be a secret, with both of them going on stage under Ami's name. Only the 765 Production staff is supposed to know this, although Takane Shijou has also found out.
The Futami twins' family consists of themselves and their parents. Their mother is sometimes very protective of the twins, and can be very unreasonable, on rare occasions making Ami and Mami run away from home to the 765 Production building.
As of THE iDOLM@STER 2, Mami grows her hair long to set herself apart from Ami. Mami is also available to fully produce separately and takes part in Ritsuko's route, being the fifth Ryuuguu Komachi "member" for Ritsuko's performance in the PS3 version.
Appearance and Clothing
Volume 2 of the Gravure series focuses on Mami with a "Meet Your Idol" sequence that contains a small dialogue between her and the producer discussing the school uniform she is wearing. This volume also contains the MAMI YellowMIX; a mix of songs with her singing that can be played in the background while taking photos of the idols.
In SHINY FESTA, she and her twin sister gets to go to the Shiny Festa competition together with Hibiki Ganaha, Yayoi Takatsuki and Iori Minase. They of course aim to win it all, but to still have as much fun on the exciting island as possible.
Even though the twins once again works as separate idols, they still sing all their songs available in the game together.
In the IM@S CHANNEL, both of the twins can be chosen as Navi Idols which will make them greet the player upon login.
Platinum Star Theater
12/4/17 @ 15:00 - 12/11/17 @ 20:59 JST
Other Media Appearances
Shared with Ami
DETECTIVE HIGH! ～Koi Tantei Monogatari～
WOW! I NEED!! ～Singing Monkey Kashou Ken～
Recorded Solo Songs
Recorded Group Songs
Trivia and Fan Culture
- In the arcade game, the Futami twins frequently played with their Game Boy Advance hand-helds, but this was removed in the Xbox 360 version of the game due to copyright reasons.
- At the time of the arcade game, Mami was the younger twin and Ami was the older twin. From the release of the Xbox 360 version this was reversed.
- The fact that Mami is the older twin is further backed up in Danketsu 2010.
- Along with Miki Hoshii, Mami speaks about herself in third person, referring to themselves simply as "Mami".
- Takane Shijou was able to see through the act and discover that Ami had a twin, the moment her eyes met Mami's on the next Idol-Ultimate audition. Instead of it being the position of the hair giving it away, Takane was actually able to see that Mami was more mature than Ami when looking into her eyes.
- Though being completely identical except for the position of the hair, another distinct trait that is rarely hinted at is that her twin sister Ami likes to doodle and scribble all over walls.
- The Futami twins are afraid of Ritsuko Akizuki. Because they cause such a ruckus in productions, Ritsuko often scolds the twins and sometimes goes even far enough to punish them by making them do chores around the offices until they've learned their lesson.
- The Futami twins have absolutely no respect for anyone (with the exception of Takane), especially elders, and they will talk to the other party in a very informal manner as if talking to a friend until the other person scolds them.
- The twins are extremely attached to Producer, often asking him if they can spend the night with him or take them out shopping on their days off.
- The twins are also known for heavily mispronouncing lyrics often, for example singing とかちつくちて (tokachi tsukuchite, which sounds very sexual) instead of とかしつくして (tokashi tsukushite, "melt me down to nothing") on Agent Yoru o Yuku, this has resulted in fans nicknaming the twins "Tokachi". They have also notably mispronounced ごまえ～ (Gomae~) instead of GO 前へ (Go mae e) on GO MY WAY!!.
|LINE Animated Stickers|
Ami and Mami's official arcade profile.
Ami and Mami in THE iDOLM@STER.
Ami and Mami in THE iDOLM@STER SP.
Ami and Mami in THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars.
Ami and Mami in THE iDOLM@STER 2.
Mami's profile for the release of THE iDOLM@STER 2.
Mami in THE iDOLM@STER LIVE in SLOT!.
Mami in THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA.
Mami's casual clothing in THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL.
Mami's stage costume in THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL.
Mami's profile in THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars.
Mami's profile in Starlit Season
Starlit Season release countdown.
Mami's profile in POPLINKS (Exciting☆Find).
Mami's profile in POPLINKS (Celestella Unison).
A reference of the Futamis from the anime.
Ami and Mami in THE iDOLM@STER Innocent Blue
Ami and Mami in THE iDOLM@STER Neue Green
Ami and Mami in THE iDOLM@STER 2: Colorful Days
Ami and Mami in THE iDOLM@STER 2: Nemuri Hime
Ami and Mami in THE IDOLM@STER (Mana)
Weiβ Schwarz TCG Cards
Cinderella Girls Cards
- Mami hr4.jpg
[Reindeer's Evil Plan]