|Million Live! Character Data|
Matsuri Tokugawa (Japanese: 徳川まつり Tokugawa Matsuri) is an idol available in THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days and originally debuted in the mobile game THE iDOLM@STER Million Live!. She is voiced by Ayaka Suwa (Japanese: 諏訪彩花 Suwa Ayaka).
THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! biography
"The one who will make Matsuri into a princess is you? Nice to meet you~"
- Online Character Profile
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
"Heigh-ho! It's Princess Matsuri♪ Matsuri rode her white horse from the castle because she heard there was going to be a party for everyone!"
A 19 year old girl who likes to call herself a princess, Matsuri is another complex case. She has a colorful personality. She always talks in a fancy way, referring to herself in third person (Matsuri, Princess Matsuri, or just Princess) and acts like a cheerful and innocent princess, oblivious to the way of the world. She also has talent in pretty much everything she tries hands on. For example, in the soccer event she does a hat trick with a knuckle shot, in baseball she does a home-run and triple play while claiming that she didn't know anything about baseball. In the cycling race event, she takes the lead while humming and didn't even drop a sweat. There are some hints that she is much deeper than just the innocent princess image she always portrays.
Firstly, while she always acts oblivious, she actually always observes her surroundings and always takes care of her fellow idols, such as how she worries about Megumi, who always prefers to "let her friends shine while she supports them from the shadows", and advises her that it’s fine to take more spotlight while still helping her friends. She also often directs the Producer's attention to an idol that needs it. When she's doing great at everything while claiming that she doesn't train, there are some hints that she actually does train herself very hard beforehand (though, that doesn't make her achievements any less amazing), and might be forcing herself to act fine when she's actually very tired. For example, during the Namassuka!? 365 idol produce event, it's revealed that her self-confessed love for marshmallows is fake; she hates them and said she liked them because they're perfectly fluffy and cute like her princess persona. However, she refused to admit that to her fans or fellow idols, since that would ruin their image of her.
When the Producer gets close to her, she starts to open her heart to him and drops the princess act sometimes. When that happens, her way of talking will become more normal and mature (from “Princess Matsuri” to just “I”). It can be assumed that Matsuri is a very wise, mature, and caring girl who (for whatever reason) decides to act like an innocent princess (though with her special acting skills, some fans thinks that it might actually be the other way around).
Matsuri also doesn't like to talk about her family name, Tokugawa (which is the same as the family that ruled Japan as the shogun from the end of Sengoku era to the end of Edo era (almost 300 years), so it made fans think that she might be a descendant of this family) and says that it's not important.
Million Live Lines
"On days with good weather, Matsuri is all like 'heigh-ho'!"
"Matsuri only eats sweet and fluffy things."
"How does one open a PET bottle?"
"Is it okay if Matsuri calls our theater 'our castle'?"
"The theater is like Matsuri's courtyard; ...it's very important."
"Matsuri wants a cute business card just like Producer, with 'Matsuri!' written in big text on it."
"Ho? We're singing today? If Matsuri doesn't get to sing a fluffy song, then she's not going to have any fun."
"Ho? Today we're dancing? Matsuri's fine with that since she gets to wear an idol outfit!"
"Matsuri is full of energy!"
"This idol work will be done quickly!"
"Matsuri's ankle is hurting, but she will still walk for her fans' sake."
"What tale should Matsuri tell to the person that's in charge? ...Just gossip?"
"How far can Matsuri go today?"
"Frilly clothes are a fluffy princess' uniform. Will Producer also try on some?"
"It's time for Princess Matsuri's super debut!"
Recorded Solo Songs
Recorded Group Songs
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Matsuri also has a little sister who she seems to love very much, as revealed in the Summer Festival event dialogue where she said that she attempts to catch all the goldfish in the goldfish stand for her sister.
- Her sister can be seen in her [Festa Illumination] SSR.
- However, she treats Matsuri a bit rudely. Matsuri says this is because her sister is going through a rebellious phase, but her sister still supports her from afar.
- According to her in game conversation with Emily, Matsuri currently lives in a “foreign land" 30 minutes away from the office by train. Her room is full of manga.
- Matsuri regards Tomoka Tenkubashi as her equal and rival.
- Matsuri along with Kotoha Tanaka, Fuka Toyokawa, and Emily Stewart made a cameo at the end of THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e!.
- Matsuri appears to regard Takane Shijou as a fellow princess and calls her Takane-hime.
- She shares the same birthday with Chiyo Shirayuki.
- In her [Taiko no Tatsujin] SR, it can be determined she's playing the song Kiramekirari on the hardest difficulty.
- The fern-shaped head ornament Matsuri wears in her card [Fairytale Artillery] is based on Tokugawa Ieyasu's armor.
- Matsuri is regarded as a "final boss", which is often used in comical situations.
|LINE Animated Stickers|
Matsuri in Theater Days.
Matsuri's profile in POPLINKS (Parfait Princess).
Matsuri's profile in POPLINKS (Celestella Unison).
Matsuri's new outfit in POPLINKS (White Princess).
Mirishita's 2nd anniversary countdown illustration.
Mirishita's White Day 2021 illustration.
Cover of 1st volume of THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days Lively Flowers.