Welcome to the new home of the project-imas wiki!
|Cinderella Girls Character Data|
Nana Abe (Japanese: 安部菜々 Abe Nana) is one of the characters available in THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage. She is voiced by Marie Miyake (三宅麻理恵 Miyake Marie).
|Event||Prelim Rank||Final Rank|
|1st Cinderella Girl General Election||15||15|
|2nd Cinderella Girl General Election||9||13|
|3rd Cinderella Girl General Election||5||2|
|4th Anniversary Voice Idol Audition||Not a candidate||Not a candidate|
|4th Cinderella Girl General Election||8||7|
|5th Cinderella Girl General Election||4||7|
|6th Cinderella Girl General Election||10||12|
|7th Cinderella Girl General Election||1||1|
|8th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|9th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||49|
|10th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||Unranked|
THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Self Introduction
THE iDOLM@STER Starlit Season Profile
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
"Here's the singing, dancing voice actress idol, who comes from Planet Usamin! I'm Nana Abe AKA Usamin! Kyaha☆"
An eccentric part-timer maid of dubious age who claims to be a forever 17-year-old alien originating from Planet Usamin. She’s very nice, determined, and hardworking, traits which are often overlooked due to her other rather eccentric qualities. She will often communicate with Planet Usamin, while using the sound, "Piipii☆". She's a huge fan of anime and dreams of becoming a seiyuu, to the point where she practices dubbing over lines when she watches anime. Because of this, she is also friends with Nao Kamiya and Hina Araki.
In her CINDERELLA MASTER CD, Nana gets a call from her mother in the middle of her CD interview. Nana’s mother reminds her to vote, meaning that in reality, she is at least 20 years old as that is the minimum voting age in Japan. Her personal life also points to her being much older than she says. The Cinderella Girls Theater comic includes a conversation in which several idols are discussing the curse of being too old to date with the younger idols. Nana has a noticeably guilty-looking expression in the background. Nana herself tends to inadvertently slip phrases, memories, or comments that indicate she's older than seventeen.
Nana has a habit of not keeping track of the Usamin stories she tells, creating noticeable contradictions, or invents impossibly fanciful scenarios that even defy the imagination of children. Nana's claims of alienhood are presented unambiguously as an act. Many of her lines and comic appearances feature her clearly panicking and making things up as she goes along. The other Cinderella Girls characters constantly shoot holes in her alien fantasy, making her say more contradicting statements that only further embarrass her. Nana gets very flustered and defensive when her claims to forever 17-year-old-hood are challenged. In her School Uniform SR it's implied that she trotted out the "planet Usamin High School Uniform" because she got rid of her real one a long time ago.
Based on the Starlight Stage commu , Nana was previously working as an underground idol, the type of idol you can see in small stages inside the Akihabara area. This implies that she already had experience with singing and dancing to an audience albeit small. She also said in that commu after her live, that she was apologetic for not being able to personally greet her fans liked she used to when she was still in the underground scene. She lives in an apartment which she calls "Planet Usamin" and also one hour away from the office through commuting using the train. The same apartment was also referenced during the C5 (Cute Jewelries 001) Commu. 
|Originally posted on 06/25/2020. Translation source.|
|Nana: Be-beep. I just received some "DereMail". So, today, good ol' Nana here will answer them. Straight from Planet Usamin, Marc Marc Min Min!|
|Question: Tofu recipe?|
|Nana: Nana recommends "Momen Tofu Karaage"! #DereMail|
|Nana: It's healthy and nutrious. And more than anything else, it's quite filling! It really helped me a lot!|
|Question: I hope to know your preferred time when boiling pasta|
|Nana: The pasta I had at home was done in 7 minutes!|
|Nana: But, since it's scary to overcook it, we end up turning it off early, right?|
|Question: Usamin, hello! I'm sorry if this turned out to be some life counselling but I'm torn about giving up on pursuing my dream I had ever since I was young and finally settle down. I don't want to make my parents worry anymore so I'm starting to think that this is it for me. I would like to hear some advice from you, Usamin. Thank you for your time.|
|Nana: I think chasing after one's dreams and learning when to let go are both equally important.|
|Nana: Chasing after a dream makes one encounter all sorts of worries and difficulties, so I cannot just haphazardly endorse support for one going after this path; but even so,|
|Nana: I think that as one continues living, their dreams continue to change shape as well.|
|Nana: I believe that goes the same for looking for a life partner. Prioritizing one now doesn't mean that you'll abandon the other.|
|Nana: Look for that someone who'll support your dream and grab that dream with all you've got together! Isn't that wonderful!|
|Nana: Oh, looks like my Carrot Ride has come so that would be it for today. I'll be waiting for more of your mails!|
Nana appears in the Events listed below:
Solo Song Discography
Group Song Discography
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Nana is voiced as of March 31st, 2013 through [Uniform Usamin] SR card in the original Mobage game, prior to her CINDERELLA MASTER release.
- In Starlight Stage, her image stats are relatively balanced with a tiny lead in Dance.
- Nana dreams of becoming a seiyuu and frequently dubs over anime while watching TV.
- In the anime, she forms a unit with Yuko Hori.
- Her "forever 17" gimmick is likely a reference to Kikuko Inoue.
- Although her hometown is always listed as Planet Usamin, Makino Yagami's first SR card reveals that Nana, in fact, comes from the Chiba Prefecture.
- She always ranked in the Top 15 of Cinderella Girl polls until the 7th poll in 2018, where she finally became the Cinderella Girl.
- Most of her cards have "Usamin" on its names.
- The name of her unit with Shin, Sugar Sugar Mi~n, seems to be a reference to the fan name for the couple (Sugarmin, a combination of Shin's self-given nickname "Sugar Heart" and Nana's supposed home planet "Usamin").
- Fans speculate her actual age to be 27, due to her story episode in Starlight Stage appearing as the 27th episode, "Marchen Debut" having 27 stars on Master difficulty, and the song containing exactly 27 separate notes on Debut difficulty.
- However, one of the homepage lines of Sanae Katagiri's "Inochi Moyashite Koiseyo Otome" SR hinted that Nana is older than Sanae, which changed most fans' speculations that she could be 29 years old or even older.
- Due to a rather nonsensical video that became an instant meme on nico nico douga, Nana and Shin are often associated with the 1989 song "Be My Baby" by Complex.
|Animated LINE Stickers|
|Animated Loading Characters|
|Cingeki Promotional Art|
|Shingeki no Bahamut Event Cards|
|Translated Cinderella Girls Theater Skits|
|Translated Starlight Stage Theater Skits|
Starlight Stage's 3rd anniversary countdown art.
Nana in Starlit Season.
Starlit Season release countdown.
Nana's profile in POPLINKS (Usamin☆Frontier).
Nana's profile in POPLINKS (Celestella Unison).
Nana in the anime.
Nana in Dice DE Cinderella.