|THE iDOLM@STER Second Vision Data|
She is voiced by Naomi Wakabayashi (若林直美 Wakabayashi Naomi).
THE iDOLM@STER Character resumé
To all staff and members reading this resumé: To be a successful idol, what do you think it takes? Looks? Your skill in singing? Yes, those traits are indeed very important to be an idol, but I believe Knowledge is important as well. Yes, Knowledge. Working together, I'd like to see what kind of Knowledge you have.
THE iDOLM@STER 2 Ritsuko's Introduction
THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA Idol Profile
Producer and part-time Idol!
"Ahhh, what am I doing here... w-well, I can't do anything about it now... Alright! When I'm on stage, you're my producer, so support me well. ... Umm, I really mean that. OK?"
THE iDOLM@STER Starlit Season Profile
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
"I'm Ritsuko Akizuki. If we're going to do this right, then I'm going to aim for the top as planned."
Cool and smart, Ritsuko Akizuki originally worked at the 765 Production office as an intern and an aspiring idol manager, but after hearing that the agency is low on budget and has too few idols, she decided to debut herself. Capable of juggling between being an idol, an office worker, and even a high school student in the First Vision titles, Ritsuko is an incredibly capable woman who uses her strong wits and intelligence to work towards being a top idol.
Ritsuko loves to work and manage things, making her a perfect example of a businesswoman. Ritsuko's work is heavily inspired by her parents' business of running a shop, which has managed to grow into one of the largest shop chains in Tokyo within a single generation. Loving to keep herself busy, even on her days off, she's always sure to find something to do at the 765 offices, such as paperwork. Ritsuko is so capable that even the office's clerk, Kotori Otonashi, often finds herself relying on Ritsuko in order to complete her work. Her future dream is to become the manager of a business corporation one day. Her intelligence and personal goals of becoming a manager have often been used and played with in various adaptations and games. In THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars, Ritsuko encourages her cousin, Ryo Akizuki, to debut as an idol, albeit as a female one, under 876 Production. In THE iDOLM@STER 2 and the 2011 anime series, she became the official producer of the 765 Production unit, Ryuuguu Komachi.
Ritsuko also has a rather stern side to her, and if she feels that anyone is slowing her down in her work, she will scold them or brush them aside. She often finds herself scolding Miki Hoshii for dozing off in the office or not taking her work seriously and the Futami Twins for their numerous pranks and schemes. Occasionally, she'll even correct the Producer if he isn't doing his job right. This strictness of hers has been played for laughs, with her often serving as someone resembling the tsukkomi of a manzai comedy duo with other idols or the Producer.
Despite her intense devotion to work and strictness with other idols, Ritsuko isn't above having fun and enjoying the smaller things in life. She has an encyclopedic knowledge of computers, programming, and machinery, to the point where she's even dabbled in creating machines and software herself, as mentioned in the drama talks within her first solo CD. She is an avid gamer as well, being a fan of both video games and card games, which has attracted the attention of the office's fellow gamers, Ami and Mami Futami. She also enjoys collecting shokugan, small toys packaged along with snacks, and visiting zoos due to a fondness she has for cute animals. Ritsuko is also an avid reader of shoujo manga and often thinks about romance, as evidenced in some of her solo songs such as Mahou o Kakete!, Ippai Ippai, and Watashi Datte Onnanoko. This romantic side of hers is often played up with the Producer, where she can often be depicted as a tsundere with a secret crush on the Producer, most notably within the First Vision titles and Puchimasu!.
However, Ritsuko isn't without her own shortcomings. She believes that she doesn't look anything like idol material and struggles with self-confidence issues, often comparing herself to other idols and having feelings of self-doubt. She wears her glasses at all times because of these feelings of self-doubt, as she becomes embarrassed by simply looking at her bare face in the mirror. Despite being a surprisingly capable fighter, she's not good at sports and cannot swim. Additionally, she isn't a great chef and can only cook by reading recipes directly, and she often finds herself saddled with bad luck as well.
She is often paired with the Futami Twins due to their shared love for video games as well as the strict reaction she has towards their pranks, Miki Hoshii due to her calm and carefree nature contrasting with Ritsuko's own, and Iori Minase and Azusa Miura due to their time together as Ryuuguu Komachi. She's also been shown to be close to her cousin, Ryo, having made numerous appearances in his Dearly Stars route in addition to even cameoing in one of his cards within THE iDOLM@STER SideM.
In THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars, Ritsuko is Ryo Akizuki's cousin, and the one who helps him enter the idols' world. She also introduces Ryo to Makoto Kikuchi, who would become help him reach his goals. She can also train the 876 PRO idols the choreography panels for "Mahou o Kakete!".
Before the events of THE iDOLM@STER 2, Ritsuko was an idol and the personnel shortage in the agency forced her to be a clerk as well. She quit being an idol because she was aiming to be a producer in the first place, and saw her job as an idol as a stepping stone. At this point, she became the official producer of the 765 Production unit, Ryuuguu Komachi. While having this job, she denies ever wanting to be an idol and constantly says that she wasn't suited for the job. However, she often slips up and admits that she misses being an idol, particularly when she goes onstage with other idols or dances when egged on.
In the PlayStation 3 release, Ritsuko has a playable route where the Producer helps her manage Ryuuguu Komachi and makes a stage appearance with the help of Mami Futami. Ritsuko now wears her hair in a spiky high-bun and her outfit is a business suit with a green shirt, more fitting with her new position as a Producer.
Ritsuko is one of the four main idols in the Honey Sound version of THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA, along with Haruka, Azusa, and Chihaya.
Other Media Appearances
In Melody of Serenity, Ritsuko appears as a member of the unit Proro along with Yukiho and Haruka. She becomes a line of communication for feelings with Chihaya's producer and defuses their initial dislike for each other. Ritsuko and Haruka also team up together to stop Yukiho's antics of digging holes and even manage to take her shovel from her. The trio constantly supports Chihaya through out the novel and help her make a successful idol debut.
Ritsuko then stars in Heart-throbbing Summer Days, as the novel explains how she became part of the unit Proro. After failing to become a manager, she joins 765 Prodution as an intern. She tries to produce Haruka, but winds up being forced into becoming an idol herself. Ritsuko, Haruka and Yukiho are then made to train several days at a boardinghouse as rivals. They each learn a debut song and learn about the harshness of dance lessons and cooking. When the girls finally debut, they realize their debut songs all are simply different harmonies of the same song. The girls debut as Proro and are amazed that all three of them became great idols.
Ritsuko appears along with the other 765 Production idols leaving the office after preparing for a fan appreciation event. She is later seen in the dressing room of the event informing Haruka, Chihaya and Miki (who were lost on the other side of Japan) about the Producer searching for them. She explains the girls can make it to the concert if they make it to the bullet train station. After Iori picks the trio up in a helicopter, Ritsuko is seen with the other 765 idols as they go to the event.
Ritsuko becomes D-Love's producer after Miki's producer disbanded the unit Namco Angel. She also steps in as Melt 'Chu Up!'s manager. The unit Devil Angel cheats their way into forcing both of Ritsuko's units to lose to Tougouji Production. Because of trouble promoting her units caused by the agency, the Producer decides to disband all of the 765 units and put all of the idols into an ALLSTARS unit. Ritsuko is shown performing relations alongside the other 765 Production idols and with THE iDOLM@STER GRAND PRIX.
Ritsuko is not seen in the manga until the third volume when she moves into the 765 dorm, as well as Makoto, Ami, Mami and Azusa. She joins 765 Production and helps both manage and promote the idols of the agency while becoming one herself. She literally solves most the problems in the agency single-handedly and ends 961 Production's take over of Miki Hoshii. She is seen proving to be a good dancer, great at quiz show appearances, and even explaining business to her "producer", Yuutarou.
The mangaka himself wrote that Ritsuko was not in the first volumes simply because she would have easily solved all of the problems that Yuutarou Takagi was faced with.
At the start of the anime, she has already quit being an idol and appears as an idol producer. In episode 6, there is a description of Ritsuko personally choosing the unit Ryuuguu Komachi to be formed, and it can also be confirmed that she has a car license. (However, there is even a description of her driving a medium-sized car, which according to the Road Traffic Law, only people over 20 years old are allowed to drive.)
She has many conversations with the members of Ryuuguu Komachi, and there are many scenes where she teaches Miki how to be polite.
She still has a desire to work as an idol, but she thinks that working both as a producer and an idol is half-baked, and she had no intention of going on stage. However, in episode 18, Azusa Miura was absent due to the mumps, so she appeared in the secret live in her place, much to the delight of her fans at the time.
In episode 25, she was introduced by Azusa as a "producer and idol" without any warning, and she was forced to appear as a surprise at the live, and half reluctantly stood on stage with the 765 Production idols.
Recorded Solo Songs
Recorded Group Songs
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Ritsuko has had the most hairstyle changes than any other character in the series, having been seen with six different hairstyles within in-game performances.
- In the First Vision titles and THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS, Ritsuko wears her hair in a pair of two twin braids, both curving upwards (commonly referred to by fans as looking like fried shrimp).
- In Live For You! and the 2nd Vision titles, wearing the Good Sleep Pajama outfit will result in Ritsuko letting her hair down.
- In THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER Million Live!, THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL, she wears her hair up in a spiky high-bun (commonly referred to by fans as looking like a pineapple).
- In THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars, THE iDOLM@STER Stella Stage, and THE iDOLM@STER Starlit Season, she wears her hair as a single, long braid that travels down past her shoulder.
- In THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days, she wears her hair in two twin braids that travel down to her shoulders.
- For her second hairstyle gacha option in THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days, she wears her hair in a ponytail, similar to her past appearance as an idol in the 2011 anime series.
- According to the arcade version, her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Ritsuko has an autumn motif, while "judge" refers to 律する which uses the first kanji in her name.
- In the games, Ritsuko never takes her glasses off or lets her hair down, except underneath very specific circumstances. A "glasses" accessory will remove her original glasses in THE iDOLM@STER SP, but in THE iDOLM@STER 2 and ONE FOR ALL, the accessory will go on her head instead of her face, leaving her original glasses intact.
- Ritsuko sometimes uses the "-Dono" (殿 Dono) honorific when referring to the producer, calling them "Producer-dono" (プロデューサー殿) instead of simply "Producer". While normally used to indicate that the person referred to has the same (high) rank as the referrer, it commands respect from the speaker.
- The honorific roughly means "lord," "master" or "milord."
- Ritsuko is known by her schoolmates to have outstanding leadership skills. In fact in THE iDOLM@STER Drama CD Scene.05 EXTRA STAGE 1, she was appointed to be a lieutenant of a police force for a day.
- Ritsuko has some skills in mixed martial arts, which is noted in THE iDOLM@STER Drama CD Scene.01 ～Yukiho Hagiwara & Makoto Kikuchi Compilation～ when a couple of gang members try to kidnap Yukiho Hagiwara until Ritsuko comes in and beats them up.
- Ritsuko has a running gag in many iDOLM@STER mangas. She will appear with her hair down for various reasons, but no one in the cast will be able to recognize her. It usually ends with her getting frustrated that people like her better without braids or glasses.
- When Naomi Wakabayashi performs Ippai Ippai at THE iDOLM@STER events, it is common for fans to chant the lyrics of the chorus accordingly.
- While it wasn't intended, Ritsuko's casual outfit in the 1st Vision games, except SP, looks extremely similar to that of LAWSON employees' uniforms. This lead to Bandai Namco using her as the representative for all THE iDOLM@STER related LAWSON merchandise. Thus, Ritsuko was also honored by becoming an official honorary store manager.
|LINE Animated Stickers|
|Million Live! R Card Cameos|
|[Goldfish Battle!]||[Zhuge Liang With a Secret]||[Exciting! Frost Air Blade]|
|[Dream Session!]||[Pretty Duo]||[Perfect Preparation]|
|[Lively Lunch Break]|
|Million Live! HR Card Cameos|
|[The Genius Patissier Appears!?]||[Dinosaur Petting Time]||[Spartan Voice Training!]|
|[Flower Viewing Karaoke]||[Moment of Radiance]||[Santa's Reward]|
|Theater Days R+ Card Cameos|
|[Santa's Gift+]||[Pretty Duo+]|
|Theater Days SR Card Cameos|
|[Legendary Hero]||[Looking for Lost Ball]||[Conquest of Loyalty]|
|[ChocoLove Ru For You]||[Nandodemo Waraou]||[Aries]|
|Theater Days SR+ Card Cameos|
|[Ritual for Someone+]||[Legend Days+]||[As It Is, Always+]|
|[Nandodemo Waraou+]||[Notice! A Girl's Heart+]|
|Theater Days SSR/PST Card Cameos|
|[As It Is, Always]||[Our M@STERPIECE]||[Stylish Escape]|
|[CLEVER CLOVER]||[Ritual for Someone]||[Legend Days]|
Ritsuko's official arcade profile.
Ritsuko's appearance in THE iDOLM@STER.
Ritsuko's appearance in THE iDOLM@STER SP.
Ritsuko's appearance in THE iDOLM@STER 2.
Ritsuko on stage in THE iDOLM@STER Live for You!.
Artwork used in her profile for the release of THE iDOLM@STER 2.
Ritsuko's appearance in THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA, with the costume Symphony No.765.
Ritsuko's casual clothing in THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL.
Ritsuko's stage costume, Check MY Note, in THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL.
Ritsuko's stage costume, Twinkle Star, used for her profile in THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars.
Ritsuko's profile in Starlit Season.
Ritsuko's profile in POPLINKS, featuring one of her costumes, Wisely Wind.
Ritsuko's profile in POPLINKS, featuring the Celestella Unison costume.
A reference of Ritsuko from the anime.
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER Neue Green.
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER Innocent Blue.
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER 2 Colorful Days.
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER 2 Nemurihime.
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER 2 The world is all one!!.
Ritsuko in THE IDOLM@STER (Manga).
Ritsuko's cameo in THE iDOLM@STER SideM.
Announcement of Volume 4 and 5 of Asayake wa Koganeiro THE iDOLM@STER.
Ritsuko and the rest of Project LUMINOUS in the cover of Purizm Magazine Starlit Season Special Edition.
Ritsuko's profile in Million Live! anime adaptation.