[2022-09-15] Email service has been restored. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
|Million Live! Character Data|
Roco Handa (Japanese: 伴田路子 Handa Roco), more often referred to as simply Roco (Japanese: ロコ Roco), is an idol who originally debuted in the mobile game THE iDOLM@STER Million Live!, and is currently available in THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days.
She is voiced by Atsuki Nakamura (Japanese: 中村温姫 Nakamura Atsuki).
THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Biography
"I was born to become an idol! Nice to meet you!"
- Online Character Profile
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
Producer! I want to actualize my own image in this innovative project!
Roco is a positive girl who believes that she was born to be an idol, and she dreams of becoming a great artist using her own art style. Like many artists, Roco has weird habits that are hard for others to understand. The most apparent one would be her way of speaking--Roco likes to fill her sentences with English words, sometimes to the point of being almost impossible to understand. She prefers to use them even if they're not that common in usual speech. She will quickly correct herself if she accidentally catches herself not using a loanword, even though her English skills are not that good and she still occasionally requires a dictionary. When she's really concentrated or surprised, she’ll speak in a normal way, suggesting that she's doing this on purpose.
Roco’s artist skill covers a really wide range; she can draw, sculpt, design, create her own clothes, and even build a stage set by herself. Although, like many artists, her creative sense is hard to understand for normal people. In fact, most of the time they don’t even have any idea what she has created. She also likes to act as soon as she has inspiration, regardless of place and time. She'll also redesign objects on the spur of the moment (or in her own words "roconize"), whether it’s a borrowed costume, a Drama’s set, or the office itself. Roco also likes to keep up with popular fashion, often changing her accessories from card to card. However, she always keeps her yellow headphones with her all the time and when she has to take them off, she gives them to the Producer while telling him not to lose them since they're important to her.
Although Roco always acts confident, deep down, she actually feels lonely, since her weird quirks and her hard-to-understand artistic sense often alienates her from the other idols. Roco is very happy when someone praises her art and she also shows her weak side to the Producer from time to time. Roco has been driven to tears before at the realization that she didn't actually have a best friend, and that for the longest time, her art was her only friend. Roco has claimed before that "To be an Artist is to be lonely".
Roco is shown to be a bit of a perfectionist, often resulting in all-nighters to complete her art. She often talks about her art to extreme lengths during MC's, despite the audience having no idea what she's talking about. However, through talking about her art, Roco's passion and happiness begins to show through, and is surprisingly a charm point of hers. Although, she does have to be cut off or else she could talk about her art forever.
During the ARRIVE event, it was implied that Roco used to be a victim of bullying in her school, especially when she mentioned that Kuroi's harassment towards her is actually nothing and she added that she's already used to it. This could be why Roco faced a hard time communicating with other idols, and prefer to speak through her art.
Roco's first appearance was in THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! on the GREE social network. She has her base N card, 9 HN cards, 9 R cards, 11 HR cards, and 32 SR cards, for a total of 62 cards.
Roco makes a return appearance in THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days along with 36 other idols from the original Million Live! game. Her first SSR card, "Roconized Music♪", was added on June 12, 2018.
Theater Days Commus
|Recorded Solo Songs|
|IMPRESSION→LOCOMOTION!||Image Song||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 12|
|STEREOPHONIC ISOTONIC||Image Song||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER HARMONY 10|
|fruity love||Roco Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION Vol.03 Visual Edition|
|STANDING ALIVE||Roco Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION Vol.04 Sunshine Theater|
|ART NEEDS HEART BEATS||Image Song||THE IDOLM@STER MILLION LIVE! M@STER SPARKLE 04|
|Gekiteki! Muteki! Koi Shitai!||Roco Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION 06 Fairy Stars|
|Getsuyoubi no Cream Soda||Roco Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION 07 Fairy Stars|
|Sun Rhythm Orchestra♪||Roco Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION 08 Fairy Stars|
|dans l'obscurité||Roco Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER SOLO COLLECTION 09 Fairy Stars|
|Watashi Renaissance||Image Song||THE IDOLM@STER MILLION LIVE! M@STER SPARKLE2 06|
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Roco refers to herself as Roco, written in katakana characters.
- Roco is often paired with Subaru, most likely because Subaru likes to drag Roco to play outside despite her protest. She's also paired with Akane as they are both eccentric, confident idols with more comedic traits.
- Roco has a few nicknames, most notably Koro-chan, initially given to her by Chizuru, because Roco's loud personality reminded her of a dog. Another popular nickname for Roco is "Croquette".
- Roco's original spelling was supposed to be Loco. The reason it changed to Roco is because when the VA came up with Roco's signature, she wrongly spelled "Roco" there.
- Much like Emily Stewart, only her first name is shown on her cards in Katakana. However, her full name is shown in the Romaji subtitle.
- In one of her cards, she plays the role of Tōdō Heisuke, captain of 8th division in Shinsengumi and also the youngest one who died. Anzu Futaba also played role as him.
- While Roco always refers to herself as "Roco" and that name is also written on her card name and profile, some fans like to think that her name is actually Michiko Handa. This comes from the “spring music festival” event where Takane calls Roco by her full name (伴田路子) and Roco replies with “Please don’t call Roco by her real name. Real name, not full name, real name.” When coupled with the fact that her given name can be read as Michiko, a fan theory was born.
|LINE Animated Stickers|
Roco in Theater Days.
Roco's profile in POPLINKS (Infinite Imagine).
Roco's profile in POPLINKS (Celestella Unison).
Mirishitas 4th anniversary countdown illustration.