|Cinderella Girls Character Data|
Syuko Shiomi (Japanese: 塩見周子 Shiomi Shuuko) is one of the characters available in THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage. She is voiced by Lu Ting (Japanese: ルゥ・ティン Ru Tin).
|Event||Prelim Rank||Final Rank|
|1st Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|2nd Cinderella Girl General Election||18||19|
|3rd Cinderella Girl General Election||13||11|
|4th Anniversary Voice Idol Audition||1||2|
|4th Cinderella Girl General Election||1||1|
|5th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|6th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||48|
|7th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||47|
|8th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|9th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||Unranked|
|10th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||Unranked|
"Hello. I'm Syuko. I didn't really want to become an idol, but now that my parents have kicked me out of home, I can't do anything about it. That's how things went. Don't worry, I'll do my work properly. Then, I'm counting on you!"
A footloose and relaxed girl from Kyoto, Syuko used to help watch her parents' wagashi shop until getting kicked out after an argument with them. The Producer ends up recruiting Syuko and she stays in the production's dormitories. Syuko reveals that even though her parents kicked her out because she was lazy, she isn't on bad terms with them. Her parents remain in contact with her after kicking her out, providing her with wagashi that she shares with her friends, and consulting with her on ideas for new products.
Syuko typically maintains a casual and carefree attitude. Even after being kicked out of her own home, she remains a bit of a slacker, but she will work when she is required to, and proves herself to be a reluctant yet capable leader to CAERULA. Despite her constantly unserious demeanor, she is attentive to the people around her, and shows them support and consideration in subtle ways. For example, when Miku is overworking herself during dance practice, Syuko convinces her to rest and pretends to be worse at dancing than she really is so that Miku doesn't feel like she is the only one falling behind the rest of their unit.
Due to her playful and mischievous personality, as well as her large, upturned eyes, Syuko is often associated with foxes. Several of her cards feature her in fox-themed outfits, and she is sometimes depicted with vulpine features in Cinderella Girls Theater for comedic effect.
Syuko is often shown eating various snacks or begging the producer for food. She also considers herself a decent chef, although she can't match up to her mother's cooking, and she is skilled at making matcha and wagashi.
A few of Syuko's friends include Frederica Miyamoto, Shiki Ichinose, and Sae Kobayakawa. Syuko has a similar personality to the first two, except they tend to be be even bigger troublemakers than herself. Syuko sometimes acts as a co-conspirator to their mischief, and at other times serves to rein them in when they're going too far. The elegant and well-mannered Sae, on the other hand, is almost Syuko's total opposite in terms of both appearance and personality. The two were initially wary of each other, and questioned the producer's decision to place them in the same unit, but after overcoming their initial misgivings, they built up a deep bond of mutual trust and support. They are now able to coordinate so well that Frederica and Yukari have likened them to a married couple. However, Sae thinks this is inappropriate, because she and Syuko are not married yet.
In the tie-in Cinderella Girls Theater skits, Syuko is shown to move at her own pace. She admits that she can’t be as sexy as Minami Nitta, and wants to believe that she is more of a nightlife person. While she can be lazy, she is normally active during the daytime. Syuko says she cannot swim, although Sachiko Koshimizu is dubious of this.
Syuko appears in the Events listed below.
Syuko appears in the Events listed below.
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Syuko was voiced on June 9th, 2015 through [Cinderella Girl] SR card in the original Mobage game, as a result of placing first overall in the 4th Cinderella Girl General Election.
- The album that corresponded with her winning the Cinderella Girl title was THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA MASTER Absolute NIne.
- In Starlight Stage, her image stat specialty is Vocal.
- She shares the same birthday with Makio Uzuki.
- While she isn't as associated with her hometown as Sae, many of her cards incorporate famous shrines, temples, or landmarks from Kyoto.
- Syuko is so accustomed to eating wagashi that she considers them to be both her favorite and least favorite food.
- Syuko's rumors claim that she enjoys blood donation because of the refreshing feeling of having her blood drawn, but she has also admitted on other occasions that she just likes eating free sweets and drinks after donating, because she otherwise only gets to eat traditional Japanese sweets at home.
- Syuko is skilled enough at darts that she offers to go easy against the producer by playing with her non-dominant right hand.
- Syuko speaks primarily in standard Tokyo Japanese, but she occasionally slips into her hometown's Kansai Japanese when she talks to Sae.
- Syuko was voted the most popular Cinderella Girls character and given the Cinderella Girl title in the 4th Cinderella Girls Election. She was also given a voice for this occasion due to not having one beforehand. This is also the only case of a Cinderella Girl not ranking in the election directly after.
- Fans often speculate the natural color of Syuko's hair is black. While her hair is black in her [Furachi na CANVAS] event SR, it is confirmed to just be a wig.
|Animated LINE Stickers|
|Animated Loading Characters|
|Cingeki Promotional Art|
|Cinderella Post Images|
|October 20th, 2018 at 4:31 P.M.||March 6th, 2019 at 3:38 P.M.||June 6th, 2020 at 3:37 P.M.|
|June 30th, 2021 at 4:58 P.M.||March 19th, 2022 at 2:29 P.M.||December 14th, 2022 at 8:31 P.M.|
|Cinderella Girls Stickers|
|Starlight Stage Stickers|
|Starlight Stage Renders|
|[Night Scene's Dawn Breeze]||[Flower Pattern of Reality]||[Blue Horizon]|
|[Hagoromo Komachi]||[White Envoy]||[A Butterfly's Parting Gift]|
Starlight Stage's 3rd anniversary Key Visual.
Starlight Stage's 3rd anniversary countdown art.
Starlight Stage's 4th anniversary countdown art.
Key Visual of VOY@GER.
Illustration of 1 million views of VOY@GER in YouTube by Nishigori.