[2022-09-15] Email service has been restored. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
THE iDOLM@STER Live for You! (OVA)
|THE iDOLM@STER Live for You!|
THE IDOLM@STER Live For You! is an OVA based on THE iDOLM@STER Live for You!. It was originally packaged with the limited-edition release of Live for You! and was eventually officially posted on Bandai Namco's official Nico Nico Douga channel.
This OVA takes place the night before an iDOLM@STER Fan Concert is to be put on by 765 Production.
The idols Haruka Amami, Iori Minase, Miki Hoshi, Chihaya Kisaragi, Makoto Kikuchi, Yukiho Hagiwara, Yayoi Takatsuki, Ritsuko Akizuki and Ami and Mami Futami bid each other farewell the night before the concert, but on the way home Haruka, Miki and Chihaya get lost and end up staying overnight at a mansion in the middle of nowhere (complete with a hotspring).
They end up fleeing in the middle of the night when it appears that they have stumbled on a mafia ring’s secret money laundering plans, but it is later revealed that Miki set this up all along in cooperation with the producer to create a realistic live video of an idols trouble before the important concert for entertainment purposes.
They continue to be hopefully lost when their truck back turns out to be the wrong one, making them realize they've been wandering the entire time completely lost. When all seems lost, Iori uses her family's GPS and helicopter to locate and fly them back just in time for the concert.
Once there, the idols reunite and head in to perform the show.
- Haruka Amami (CV: Eriko Nakamura)
- Chihaya Kisaragi (CV: Asami Imai)
- Yukiho Hagiwara (CV: Yurika Ochiai)
- Yayoi Takatsuki (CV: Mayako Nigo)
- Ritsuko Akizuki (CV: Naomi Wakabayashi)
- Azusa Miura (CV: Chiaki Takahashi)
- Iori Minase (CV: Rie Kugimiya)
- Makoto Kikuchi (CV: Hiromi Hirata)
- Ami/Mami Futami (CV: Asami Shimoda)
- Miki Hoshii (CV: Akiko Hasegawa)
- Original Concept: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
- Screenplay: Satoru Nishizono (西園悟)
- Original Character Design: Toshiyuki Kubooka (窪岡俊之)
- Animation Director: Kimitake Nishio (西尾公伯)
- Colors: Sachiko Harada (原田幸子)
- Special Effects: D-colors, Naoyuki Fukuda (福田直征)
- Animation: MUSES
- Art Director: 坂本信人
- Art Setting: 坂本竜
- Art: 李凡善
- Background: bic studio
- Music: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, ROMEO
- Music Coordinator: 早川屋
- Production: Frontier Works, Inc.
- Animation Staff: 丸山俊平、平井憲一、アクタス
- Supervisors: 石原章弘、高橋恭代
- Producers: Youzou Sakagami、田中文啓、高橋和也
- Production Managers: 清水孝泰
- Chief Producers: 露木雄二、稲垣浩文
- Executive Producer: 鵜之澤伸
- Director: 川口敬一郎
- Presented By: Project iM@S
- There are several references in this OVA to other past arcade games by Bandai Namco. These cameos include:
- Mappy is referenced twice: once as a stuffed animal in a dance studio and again as Chihaya's phone strap.
- Valkyrie no Densetsu also appears twice: first as a Valkyrie background for Haruka's phone and as a Sandra phone strap also connected to the phone.
- Dig Dug's Pooka makes a cameo as Azusa's phone strap.
- All of these would later be referenced again in the Famison 8-bit iDOLM@STER series.
- Interestingly, just before the idols go onstage for the opening of the concert, Yayoi still has on Berochoro (her frog wallet) despite being in her Inflation Plan costume.