|Cinderella Girls Character Data|
Uzuki Shimamura (島村卯月 Shimamura Uzuki) is one of the characters available in THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage. She is voiced by Ayaka Ohashi (大橋彩香 Ohashi Ayaka).
She is seen as the protagonist and face of Cinderella Girls, as well as the main red representative of the branch. She forms the Cinderella Girls main trio along with Rin Shibuya and Mio Honda as the unit new generations, initially due to their role as tutorial idols in both THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage.
|Event||Prelim Rank||Final Rank|
|1st Cinderella Girl General Election||29||29|
|2nd Cinderella Girl General Election||31||29|
|3rd Cinderella Girl General Election||3||4|
|4th Anniversary Voice Idol Audition||Not a candidate||Not a candidate|
|4th Cinderella Girl General Election||6||6|
|5th Cinderella Girl General Election||1||1|
|6th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||24|
|7th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||15|
|8th Cinderella Girl General Election||Unranked||24|
|9th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||11|
|10th Cinderella Girl General Election||Not applicable||27|
|Stage for Cinderella||3||18|
THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Self Introduction
THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Idol Profile
THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA Profile Quote
I'm gonna sing with all my strength!
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
According to her first Starlight Stage Memorial commu and the anime, Uzuki practiced at a training school before debuting as an idol. She would sometimes stay from the early morning until late at night in order to hone her skills of singing and dancing. During one late-night session, Producer approached and told her she became affiliated to their production right as she was about to go home. Uzuki tells Producer she has been training for a very long time and thought the day would never come where she would debut. All of her fellow trainees either debuted ahead of her or quit until she was the last one left at the training school. However, she never gave up and continued to train, yearning for the day where she would become an idol. Uzuki believed that even though her fellow trainees were better at singing, dancing, and acting than her, her unwavering determination is second to none. From that point on, she aims to be an idol with the biggest determination and smile in the production.
An extraordinarily ordinary girl, Uzuki is always positive and bright, showing strong dedication towards being an idol. Her ordinary personality, determination, and her smile are seen as her defining traits. Possibly attributed to her typicalness, she has a kind, compassionate, and amiable personality and can get along easily with almost anyone she meets, including the idols from the production. In fact, all of her classmates consider Uzuki as their friend allegedly. In fact, she's so average that it's almost bizarre, achieving such feats as consistently scoring right in the middle of her school's exam rankings, always running around the middle of the pack in sporting events, and even having never drawn any fortune but the average 'Good Luck' over the course of 17 New Year's celebrations. It's even rumored that she proudly commends herself when out-of-the-ordinary occurrences fall upon her (no matter how small), like having a hole in her shoe. Despite feelings of insecurity due to her averageness, Uzuki always pushes forward with a smile on her face with sheer perseverance that can't be rivaled. Uzuki's main catchphrase, fittingly, is "Ganbarimasu!" ("I'll do my best!"), expressing her unwavering determination to reach her dream.
In the production, she is most often grouped with Rin Shibuya and Mio Honda due to them being the tutorial idols at the beginning of the game. The have a unit together called new generations. With the three of them, she acts as the slightly airheaded and naïve member of the unit, providing a balance between the cool Rin and the energetic Mio. Though she is the oldest out of the group, both Rin and Mio say she seems like the youngest. Uzuki is very close friends with both Rin and Mio and likes to do activities with them in their private time. Both in the games and the anime, Uzuki provides her unit-members with wholehearted perseverance and inspires them to overcome personal obstacles to pursue their dreams. At times, Uzuki has internalized her negative feelings as she doesn't want to burden others with her hardships. However, through bonding together as new generations, Rin and Mio have shown her the power of teamwork and overcoming obstacles together as one unit. She is also frequently seen with Kyoko Igarashi and Miho Kohinata, all being part of the unit Pink Check School. As the considered main Cute-attribute unit of Cinderella Girls, they often spend their time together doing orthodox "girly" activities such as eating sweets, planning trips, and talking about Producer. Uzuki thinks of Miho and Kyoko as the quintessential examples of "cuteness" relating to idols.
Uzuki appears in the Events listed below:
Idol Produce: the 2nd Anniversary
|11/28/2013 - 12/09/2013|
Idol Produce: the 5th Anniversary
|11/28/2016 - 12/08/2016|
42nd Production Match Festival
|07/18/2018 - 07/22/2018|
Uzuki appears in the Events listed below:
Uzuki appears as a rival in the STAR OF FESTA mode for Honey Sound, Groovy Tune, and Funky Note as a C rank rival who can give her Name Card to the player while in the STANDARD difficulty. Obtaining her Name Card adds 10 points to the player's score after their performance.
Uzuki is available as a guest idol as in the ninth catalog of downloadable content. She's available to perform her image song, S(mile)ING!, in Stage For You! mode. She also is available to be faced in a DLC festival where she uses her special skill.
Uzuki is the "Push Girl" for Volume 1 and has a starring role in the "Cinderella Cafe" first volume. She is available to have her photo taken with other idols.
Recorded Solo Songs
Recorded Group Songs
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Uzuki was voiced on August 8th, 2012 through THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA MASTER 010 Shimamura Uzuki.
- After a panel of Uzuki drawn as an "Uzupaka" appeared in the Cinderella Girls Theater series, "Uzupaka" became a strange creature somewhat like Home Haruka among fans.
- When faced as a rival in ONE FOR ALL, her image stat specialty is mostly balanced with a slight lean towards Dance.
- Her first name means "April" in ancient Japanese. This makes her quite similar to Chihaya Kisaragi and Yayoi Takatsuki, as they were named after the ancient month names in Japanese.
- She, along with Mio Honda, Arisa Matsuda, Kana Yabuki, appeared as cameos in THE IDOLM@STER manga.
- Uzuki shares the same birthday with Miya Miyao.
- Not counting the April Fools' Day version of BEYOND THE STARLIGHT, Uzuki is the sole member of new generations that hasn't performed a Starlight Stage anniversary song yet, since her fellow members Rin and Mio performed GIRLS in the FRONTIER and Illusionista! respectively.
- It's rumored that when even a slight out-of-the-ordinary event happens, Uzuki and her family won't stop smiling the whole day.
- The reason why she's wearing a school swimsuit in the un-awakened version of her [Bursting♪ Summer] card is because she didn't have time to buy a swimsuit and went for a safe alternative that she has already.
- It's speculated that the Shimamura family is wealthy as they live in a single-family house with a large garden in Tokyo as well as have the funds that would be needed to send Uzuki to a dance training school for an unspecified (but long) time.
- If Uzuki is set as the center idol in Starlight Stage, players can see her unique LIVE animation: her signature wide smile showing her front teeth.
- Her favorite food is cured ham with melon.
- She's not good with coffee and likes to drink hot milk tea according to a Cinderella Girls Theater strip.
- According to her 2017 Idol Introduction, the stylish idols she wants to go shopping with are Mika Jougasaki, Karen Hojo, Mayu Sakuma, Miku Maekawa, and Miyabi Tsukimiya.
- According to her 2018 Idol Introduction, the idols she accidentally has long phone calls with are Miu Yaguchi, Yuzu Kitami, Sakura Muramatsu, Yukari Mizumoto, and Saya Matsubara.
- She is often called "Shimamura-san" by fans as well as "Shimamu", Mio's nickname for her.
- Uzuki didn't receive any new cards for a while after the game was released, and this became an in-joke among fans; "Shimamura-san's Pity" became a bit of a meme. This helped her become a popular character, and she did eventually receive an S Rare as fans pushed for more content with her.
- Initially overlooked during the start of Cinderella Girls, Uzuki managed to become popular for being unpopular. She was the underdog that everyone rooted for until her fame grew so much that Bandai Namco even noticed, giving her promotion, songs, and cards at a more frequent rate.
- Because she often says "Ganbarimasu!," fans often called her a "Ganbarimasu Robot."
- In 2016, most likely due to her role in the anime the previous year, she was voted as the number one idol overall in the 5th Cinderella Girls General Election and became the 5th girl to receive the Cinderella Girl title.
|Animated LINE Stickers|
"I'll do my best!"
|Animated Loading Characters|
[Origin of Smile]
[New Year's Maiden]
|Cinderella Post Images|
| April 27th, 2018
at 3:00 P.M.
| September 12th, 2018
at 4:02 P.M.
| January 28th, 2020|
at 3:31 P.M.
| August 23th, 2020
at 7:36 P.M.
| January 13th, 2021|
at 3:06 P.M.
|Cinderella Girls Stickers|
"I'll do my best!"
"See you later!"
"I'll do my best!"
|Starlight Stage Renders|
[Stage of Magic]
[Smile and Treat]
|Starlight Stage Sprites|
Casual Outfit Sprite 01
Event Outfit Sprite 01
Event Outfit Sprite 02
Event Outfit Sprite 03
|Granblue Fantasy Collaboration|
|Princess Connect! (Re:Dive) Collaboration|
Starlight Stage's release key visual.
Starlight Stage's 1st anniversary key visual.
Starlight Stage 2017 April Fools illustration.
Starlight Stage 2021 April Fools illustration.
Starlight Stage's 3rd anniversary countdown illustration.
Starlight Stage's 7th anniversary countdown illustration.
Viewing Revolution key visual.
Cinderella Girls 9th Anniversary Memorial Party key visual.
Uzuki in the anime.
Anime 1st key art.
Anime 2nd key art.
Anime 5th key art.
Uzuki in SHINY FESTA.
Uzuki's name card in SHINY FESTA.
Uzuki in ONE FOR ALL.
Uzuki in G4U! Vol. 1.
Uzuki's profile in POPLINKS (Twinkle Smile).
Uzuki's profile in POPLINKS (Celestella Unison).
POPLINKS 1st anniversary illustration.
THE iDOLM@STER TOURS support character card.